Nobody’s perfect – it’s a shame, but true. So when it comes to proofreading your own writing, you’re bound to overlook things that will be obvious to someone else.
Here are ten tips on ensuring your document is perfect when you send or post it:
1) Everyone reads their own copy through rose-tinted glasses. I don’t – I search for any errors there may be and correct them for you. Read your copy aloud – does it sound right? If not, you may need to think again. I am here to help with this!
2) When people write things – whether it’s an email, blog, essay, article or book – they don’t see the mistakes they’ve made themselves. But I do and I correct them. Hand your copy to a trusted friend or colleague you know who has good English skills – they may spot something! If not, let me!
3) Correct English is not easy to write, I have seen many ‘professional’ publications and websites with mistakes in the English! I notice these things and will change them for you. Or have a trusted friend or colleague look it over for you – if not, let me!
4) Words like its and it’s, theirs and there’s, grocer’s and grocers’ aren’t easy for everyone to understand. I know what needs to be used and where. If someone you trust knows the nuances of the English language, then let them have a look – if not, let me!
5) Spacing and layout aren’t everyone’s sharp area, but they are mine! I can make your document look great and ready to hit the world! If you have someone you know who can do that for you, then let them help you with it – if not, let me!
6) Not everyone is an expert in English spelling, but I am! I can spot spelling mistakes very quickly and correct them. If you trust someone you know who can, let them read through your copy – if not, let me!
7) English grammar – just those words are probably making some of you cover your heads. I understand all the complexities of English grammar and can give you a grammatically perfect document! If you have a friend or colleague who also understands English grammar perfectly, let them look at your copy – if not, let me!
8) Knowing the appropriate type of language for a document – email, blog, essay, article, letter or book – isn’t easy. Should it be business-like, professional, academic, friendly or jovial? I can sort that out for you and ensure your syntax follows suit. Just let me know the audience you want to reach, and I will do the rest. Of course, if you have a friend who understands these things, then let them take a look – if not, let me!
9) The length of a document matters a great deal. If you’re planning on sending out a business letter or promotion, no one wants to be bombarded with something 50-pages long! On the other hand, if you’re sending out a blog or email, you need to show that you’ve at least taken some time to write it correctly. CVs or resumes of over two A4 pages won’t even be read. Do you see how the length of your document matters? You really should consider this – if you don’t know, let me help!
10) No one will take anything written in incorrect English seriously. Whether it’s a business proposal, business letter, website, email, blog, CV or resume, application or article, nobody will believe what you’re trying to say if it’s full of spelling, punctuation and grammatical mistakes – in short, it reads badly. I will ensure it doesn’t! If you know someone who can ensure your document is in perfect English, let them read it through and give you some feedback – if not, let me!
I can ensure your document – email, blog, essay, dissertation, thesis, article, letter, magazine, book, website, CV or resume – reads well and has perfect English!
You have nothing to lose, so contact me. Let me know what you want me to edit, and I will get on with the job! I don’t waste people’s time or money, and guarantee I will give you a great service at a great price.
Just take a look at my About page to see some of the experience and qualifications I have. My Testimonials page shows the feedback I’ve had from my many happy customers since I’ve been working on a freelance basis. Or you can take a look at my Facebook, Yell, Yelp, Free Index and My Local Services reviews. I always do my best work when people really need me, so please take a look at the services I offer and get in touch!
I promise I will not let anyone down, so contact me and let me know what you need!
I look forward to hearing from you!