Nobody’s perfect – it’s a shame, but true. So when it comes to proofreading your own writing, you’re bound to overlook things that will be obvious to someone else.
Here are ten tips on ensuring your document is perfect when you send or post it:
1) Everyone reads their own copy through rose-tinted glasses. I don’t – I search for any errors there may be and correct them for you.
2) When people write things – whether it’s an email, blog, essay, article or book – they don’t see the mistakes they’ve made themselves. Yet I do and I correct them.
3) Correct English is not easy to write, I have seen many ‘professional’ publications and websites with mistakes in the English! I notice these things and will change them for you.
4) Words like its and it’s, theirs and there’s, grocer’s and grocers’ aren’t easy for everyone to understand. I know what needs to be used and where.
5) Spacing and layout aren’t everyone’s sharp area, but they are mine! I can make your document look great and ready to hit the world!
6) Not everyone is an expert in English spelling, but I am! I can spot spelling mistakes very quickly and make them correct.
7) English grammar – just those words are probably making some of you cover your heads. I understand all the complexities of English grammar and can give you a grammatically perfect document!
8) Knowing the appropriate type of language for a document – email, blog, essay, article, letter or book – isn’t easy. Should it be business-like, professional, academic, friendly or jovial? I can sort that out for you and ensure your syntax follows. Just let me know the audience you want to reach, and I will do the rest.
9) The length of a document matters a great deal. If you’re planning on sending out a business letter or promotion, no one wants to be bombarded with something 50 pages long! On the other hand, if you’re sending out a blog or email, you need to show that you’ve at least taken some time to write it correctly! CVs or resumes of over two A4 pages won’t even be read. Do you see how the length of your document matters?
10) No one will take anything written in incorrect English seriously. Whether it’s a business proposal, business letter, website, email, blog, CV or resume, application or article, nobody will believe what you’re trying to say if it’s full of spelling, punctuation and grammatical mistakes – in short, it reads badly. I will ensure it doesn’t!
I can ensure your document – email, blog, essay, article, letter, book, CV or resume – reads well and has perfect English!
You have nothing to lose, so contact me, let me know what you want me to edit, and I will get on with the job! I don’t waste people’s time or money, and guarantee I will give you a great service at a great price.
I promise I will not let anyone down, so contact me and let me know what you need!
I look forward to hearing from you!