Everyone, even JK Rowling or Charles Dickens, needs someone else to go over their writing and make sure it’s all in perfect English. Everyone overlooks the spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax in their own writing.
I’ve seen SO many menus, emails, blogs, websites, magazines, even books, where there are spelling, grammatical and punctuation mistakes or inconsistencies. This is why you need me!
1) Everyone reads their own copy through rose-tinted glasses. But I don’t. I search for any errors there may be and correct them for you.
2) When people write things – whether it’s an email, blog, essay, article or book – they don’t see the mistakes they’ve made themselves. Yet I do and I correct them.
3) Correct English is not easy to write. I have seen many ‘professional’ publications, websites, menus, etc, with mistakes in the English! I notice these things and will change them for you.
4) Words like its and it’s, theirs and there’s, grocer’s and grocers’ aren’t easy for everyone to understand. I know what needs to be used and where.
5) Spacing and layout aren’t everyone’s sharp area, but they are mine! I can make your document look great and ready to hit the world!
6) Not everyone is an expert in English spelling – but I am! I can spot spelling mistakes very quickly and correct them.
7) English grammar – just those words are probably making some of you cover your heads. I understand all the complexities of English grammar and can give you a grammatically perfect document!
8) Knowing the appropriate type of language for a document – email, blog, essay, article, letter or book – isn’t easy. Should it be business-like, professional, academic, friendly or jovial? I can sort that out for you and ensure your syntax follows. Just let me know the audience you want to reach, and I will do the rest.
9) The length of a document matters a great deal. If you’re planning on sending out a business letter or promotion, no one wants to be bombarded with something 50-pages long! On the other hand, if you’re sending out a blog or email, you need to show that you’ve at least taken some time to write it! CVs and resumes of over two A4 pages won’t even be read. Do you see how the length of your document matters?
10) No one will take anything written in incorrect English seriously. Whether it’s a business proposal, business letter, website, email, blog, CV or resume, application, essay, dissertation, article or book, nobody will believe what you’re trying to say if it’s full of spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes – in short, it reads badly. I will ensure it doesn’t!
I provide full editing and proofreading services to whoever needs it. Whether you are a student, small business, regular emailer or blogger, writer, novelist, publisher or journalist, I am here to help.
There are reviews of my work on My Local Services, Yell, Free Index and Yelp. If you’d like to see them, please do. There are also reviews of my work on my Testimonials page from my many happy customers.
I will ensure all your spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax are perfect English. I will also check through any references or bibliography included in your work.
I am happy to provide a revision if you’re not happy with my initial work.
All you have to do is send an email or visit the contact page, tell me the word count and type (Word, PDF, etc) of document you need edited, attach it if you want and send it (please ensure you include your email address). I will then email you a quotation (my prices are fully negotiable), and we can take it from there! I will then fully copy edit and/or proofread your document for you.
I guarantee a great service at a very affordable price. Just ask any of my previous customers and they will all vouch for me.
I look forward to hearing from you!